Sunday, May 8, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Since winter started warming up into spring, or really ever since we became good friends, Brock has been trying to educate me on one of his favorite things, baseball. It started with a lesson on how to correctly throw and catch a baseball. To be honest his methods made me feel like one of the little leaguers he used to coach, but I have to admit his metaphors of poking the giant and throwing pies were pretty effective. Haha and although I'm no baseball  player, I was throwing way better than I ever have by the end of the day. After the basics it was time to hit the field to watch a real game. Since BYU's season started we've been to three games and we'll hopefully hit a few more before their last home game.


I never knew that I could actually enjoy watching baseball. I think a big part of it was that I used to get bored because I didn't really understand what was going on. Brock's been really good about answering all my questions and explaining the seemingly intricate details of the game though. Each time we go I find myself liking the sport more and more. I just regret that I never got to see Brock play back in high school, word on the street is that he's pretty amazing at the sport :) Anyway I'm hoping now that it's getting warm again outside we'll get to work on my throw a little more, I've always wanted to throw a little less like a girl. Oh and I think there's a sunflower eating lesson coming up as well which should be enlightening... haha.

1 comment:

  1. I can't eat sunflower seeds correctly either. And as a girl who has played and watched a lot of baseball, it is only fun to watch live. Baseball on TV goes on FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete