Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm in love... with Jimmer :)

This Friday we had our first home basketball game of the season against Fresno State. We left at about 5:30 in order to get seats for the 7:00 game. That might seem kinda early but the entire Marriot center was packed before it was even time for the game to start. My roommate Alysa and some of our other friends actually began waiting in line outside of the Marriot center at 1:00 pm in hopes to get really good seats. They did really well as they ended up only 6 rows back, but I just didn't have the time to join them as my last class on Fridays doesn't get out until 4:00 pm. Brock, Andrew, Bridger, April and I ended up in seats quite a bit higher but we still had a really good view.


 The game had an awesome start as they turned out all the lights and dropped giant white sheets from the ceiling on which they played a video clip of the basketball team that got everyone pumped for the game, it was way sweet.


And then the game began. Fresno hung on for a little while but they soon gave way to our team as we went on to beat them by almost double their points. It was a great game, we have some really great players this year, especially the up and coming legend Jimmer Ferdette. Let's just say this guy is amazing and I basically fell in love (along with the rest of the crowd) after watching him play, pretty impressive. We play Utah State this Wednesday and I'm hoping the basketball team can redeem our football team's loss to them earlier this fall.



1 comment:

  1. How fun! Basketball games are a blast to go to. Make sure you catch a men's volleyball game sometime too - they are awesome and you are so close to the players.

    ReplyDelete