Friday, November 26, 2010

Whitni's baptism

Whitni's baptism was just as awesome as I expected. The spirit was so strong and she was so happy it just emanated from her. In fact when she came up out of the water she was beaming and let out a little laugh she was so happy. It was pretty funny, but it didn't disrupt the amazing spirit there. At the end of the meeting before the closing prayer she got up to bear her testimony, it was then that I could tell she was truly converted and wasn't getting baptized for anyone else other than herself because she knew that it was true. Afterwards I came up to give her a hug and the water works started. We stood there hugging and crying and it was a pretty great moment. I was just so happy for her and I know that this big step will have such a far reaching impact on her life. It was also fun to spend time with people I hadn't seen since this summer. There was a big group of us high school friends who had all gathered from our different colleges to come to her baptism. It was really great to get back together for a weekend, especially for such a special occasion.

1 comment:

  1. That is so amazing! And how perfect that you got to be there :).

    ReplyDelete