Friday, February 25, 2011

Time to de-stress

Sometimes the stress of school gets to be too much and it's just time to take a break. Now as an experienced second semester freshman... I have come up with several ways of de-stressing after a long day/week of classes, homework, and tests. Here are just a few:

  • Hot tubbing, at the apartment complex across the street... luckily no one's figured out we don't live there yet
  • Phone calls with my mom
  • Weekly TV shows on hulu, my personal favorites being slightly stereotypical of a teenage girl haha but thats ok; Glee, Bachelor, Pretty Little Liars, the Office, and Gossip Girl.
  • Yoga! I never knew that it could actually be such a good work out, although personally I just love corpse pose ;)
  • BYU brownies, need I say more
  • 30 minute naps can be the best thing ever
  • Making a dinner that involves more than the microwave
  • Card games, my new favorite being "Hand and Foot"
  • Dollar movie theater down the road
  • Skyping Amy :)
  • Decorating the apartment, it's a little obvious that we're Jimmer fans
  • Going on runs by the temple
  • Car trips home or to Utah State
  • $5 Blackjack pizza deals
  • Visiting my Grandparents in Spanish Fork
  • Hanging out in Scott's slightly getto apartment
  • Spontaneous dance parties
  • Baseball throwing lessons from Brock
  • Driving around Provo with the windows down playing gangster music
  • Walmart runs for snacks and hitting up Redbox
  • Collapsing on a couch in the Wilk with a Jamba in hand
  • Making crazy pictures and poems out of a romantic word magnet set my roommate Alysa found somewhere (one of the few I captured a picture of, April and I created this one night about a month ago)

And like I said this list isn't even complete, but these are the kind of things that keep me loving college even when it does get hard.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! And did you know that Hether, Holly, and I all lived at that apartment complex that you go hot-tubbing in? Pretty funny :). Just follow my words of advice - never go on a date with a guy you meet in the hot tub. It is a long story, just trust me :).

    ReplyDelete