Friday, February 25, 2011

Valentines Day!!!

Valentines Day started out just like any other Monday, with me waking up at the crack of dawn in order study for my weekly anatomy lab quiz. After getting that out of the way, with a good score :), things were only looking up. I knew Brock had plans to take me out, but considering our friendship status I wasn't expecting much. However, I was still excited for the night and decided I wanted to do something for him first, I just didn't know what. After talking to my mom on the phone I came up with the perfect plan, a combination of being cute, funny, and out right cheesy, by heart-attacking his door, leaving candy, and a note. I cut out tons of hearts, wrote on them, and set out with April in a stealthy mid-afternoon attack. Luckily we timed it perfectly and Brock just happened to be out. His roommate however, did catch us. We may or may not have frightened him a bit when he tried to come outside and we grabbed the door handle telling him to go back in and pretend like he didn't see anything haha but it all worked out. So far its still there and I snagged this picture a couple days later, I'm glad Brock ended up liking it. (He does a good job of pretending to be surprised in the picture, sadly I forgot to take any pictures the actual night, of this or our date)


Later that night Brock showed up at my door with three pink roses, looking quite handsome in his dark jeans and black sports coat. I do have to say that we're looking pretty dang good together ;) but alas no pictures (I wore a black sequined top and jacket, dark skinny jeans, and heels). After I put the flowers in a vase we headed out to P.F. Changs. Thank goodness Brock had thought ahead to make reservations because it was crazy busy with up to a 2 hour waiting time. This was my first time eating there and I have to say wow it was definitely as good as everyone says it is. After finishing the delicious chinese food we headed back to Brock's apartment to kill some time before heading to the movies. While there we talked to his roommate David and his date, as well as shared some sparkling cider. Then Brock surprised me yet again with a beautiful red rose and some great smelling perfume/lotion from Victoria Secret (I'll be the first to say he definitely spoils me). Stopping by my apartment to add the additional rose to the vase we then went to the movie theater to end the night by watching the new movie Just Go With It, with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. So as you can see I was a very lucky girl this Valentines Day. Even though I started out the day trying not to have too high of expectations, I ended up having the perfect night with my perfect guy :) Thanks Brock!

1 comment:

  1. What a great Valentine's Day! When I was in college, I actually managed to spend every Valentine's Day out of Provo, until the V-day I was engaged.

    ReplyDelete