Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Week of Firsts


I can't believe I've already been up here for three weeks. It's crazy how fast the time goes, but at the same time it's not too surprising as college life is so incredibly busy and fun. Here's a picture of Wyview, the freshman complex I'm leaving at, as well as a picture of the gorgeous view I have of the mountains every time I step outside my door.


One of the many great things, arguably one of the best things, about attending BYU is getting to go the football games, have amazing seats, and cheer with the rest of the crazy student section. Last weekend I went to my very first BYU football game ever and it definitely lived up to my expectations. We played a close game with Washington and won 23-17!



This past week I also got the opportunity to do baptisms for the dead in the Provo Temple. I've driven past this temple many times, but this was the first time I actually walked around the beautiful grounds as well as got to go inside. I owe the idea of the temple trip to my awesome roommate Alysa. She just got called to be our student ward's new Relief Society President and wanted to go there for some inspiration on who to call for counselors. She asked me to come along and I was all for it. (Plus side to having the RS President as your roommate, they aren't allowed to give you any big RS callings haha) Oh and a guy from our ward also came along because he had just gotten his mission call.










2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good. Your the best, so make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing well. And you do have a gorgeous view!

    Also, whenever I think about walking around the Provo Temple, it reminds me of walking your mom around it to help get her labor started with your brother Scott :).

    ReplyDelete